Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Growing up is fun...


How to compensate for no updates? Pictures... let them do the talking. Okay so in my case, I do most of the talking ... I like to talk and interrupt... :D


Baby D is growing up and out of most his clothes and I hadn't given it much thought until I came across his first pair of socks while tidying up his stuff. Compare it with what he is using these days and I am really shocked that this has been in just two months. When I first put socks on him two days after he was born... they didn't even fit him. He was too tiny to wear socks then. MashaAllah, he is growing up well! Now... as soon as I can find that perfect pair of shoes...


In the other news, Baby D performed his first Umrah on Friday. It was something we had been waiting and planning for quite sometime and believe it or not, all the stuff I had worried about, D could get scared of crowds, he'd cry during prayer time, he'll catch a cold, he'll be exhausted, I can't do Sa'ee..., nothing like that happened. It was really cold that evening and while there were children all around dressed in sweaters, jackets and hoodies, my two and half month old baby was bravely wearing an ahram or to put it more precisely, he was wearing a little more than a diaper. He looked such a darling in his crisp white cotton cloth of an ahram. Yes, we did take pictures and yes, he did like being dressed like the way he was. D kept waving his left arm up in the air and looking at the cloth being raised in the air with his arm. Alhamdulillah, not once did he cry during the whole of Umrah that lasted about three hours with Isha'a in between. Nanu and Aunnie had come along... they get separation anxiety every time D goes out for more than 3hrs. After the Umrah, we went around the streets of Makkah for a full hour trying to find one barber who could shave off D's hair. The ones we met were too scared and uncomfortable working on a baby that 'tiny'. (Oh yeah, we removed his hair the first time when he was four weeks old!) Anyway, we did find a badhe miyan who was very happy to do it. Yes, D did befriend him and Dad and Z told me later that D kept babbling trying to talk to them. Wow, what a kid!
We finally found toys for D. Okay they are not stuffed toys anymore... they are rattles and teethers. More on that some other day. D is awake... gotta run

2 Comments:

AWK said...

Masha Allah. Kids grow up so fast, haina? Lissen, share your shopping for Baby D experiences here...how many cutey clothes you bought and how many D actually wore...
I am going bonkers here, there's so much of little cute stuff that I have to buy that I lose focus on the essentials that have to be bought...

AWK said...

and he's a lucky baby, D, getting to perform Umrah, starting so young. May Allah make him a good muslim and a good son that you're real proud of him. Amen
PS: I'm getting needlessly emotional these days...babies just want to make me cry. It doesn't help that there are no li'l babies around me to cuddle and hug and love. :((

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online