Monday, March 10, 2008

Stork's Assistants: Update IV, MomZilla's and The Tyke

A has broken the daughter run for this year and had a baby boy on February 20th, three days after W had her daughter. We went to see BabySh the other day and he is MashaAllah adorable. His elder sis, L was taking quite well to the new arrival, L is two and a half year's old and A told me that her reaction to her bhai was cute, she rushes to him when he cries and actually tells him that L and Dadi are there with him, so he does not have to cry, they'll hit the genie for him! But like the little girl she is, she takes and exception to being called an aapa or baji...L doll, she says. And she really is a doll, Z was reminiscing sitting at their place how L was just like BabySh when he'd met her parents two years ago and now she was running all over the place making her preferences known to her guests. She liked me better than Z, for the record! Yay!
On March 1st I got an sms from A, my uni friend that they'd been blessed with a baby daughter. I think they knew of the gender all along and had a generic sms typed up to be sent the moment her child had arrived 'cuz I haven't heard from her since, not even a reply to my sms. I'll call her up or send her an email soonest I think she's returned to Earth. The baby, I assume hogs mom's time all the time so I don't feel like disturbing new mommies. Update on it later.
Some time earlier W had told me that her cousin W I'd met at my friend W's wedding also had a daughter, MashaAllah. I include her in my list and I kind of know W's cousin W who already has a cutie-pie handsome little son.
My SiL's bro and SiL also were blessed with a son over the weekend, so I think this is not going to be a year of the girls anymore...when I was sharing my theory with W she doubted it strongly saying that so far she'd heard an equal number of boys and girls joining the baby ranks this year. So. But babies galore, MashaAllah. Or perhaps you start noticing such things more when you are in the expectant parent list yourself...
I was watching Godzilla on MBC2 today and as I came to the scene where Mommy Godzilla sees her babies scorched to death as Madison Square Garden is bombed, I wanted to cry…for Mommy Godzilla…and I was livid with rage with her as she chased the pesky humans!
Tyke’s arrival, it seems would be sooner than we thought (or it’s Abba wished for; April 1st). Every time I go for an U/S scan there is something new for us to worry about; the tyke is an attention seeker and mommy worrier already. Last time it was in the wrong position and now it has itself in a knot; the result, consultations, constant monitoring and torment for Amma. Asides not being able to attend a function I was long looking forward to and had got a new dress all stitched up for, it pushes our whole schedule forward by a good two weeks. Before I went for the U/S the doctor was telling me that I might uneventfully go past my EDD of March 26/27 as it was the first baby for me. But the Tyke had other ideas, it had already kicked up a storm inside me, making my bump look like an alien shape-shifter the nights before and during the U/S session. By the time I returned to the doctor with my U/S report with the ominous words ‘Evidence of cord around the neck’ the doctor had changed her tune. So basically we’re now on constant monitoring and instead of having to wait out till the EDD, I’ll have to go for a CTG Wednesday and see what the doc advises…she’s ruled out the EDD wait as a risk, suggesting an induction some times next week and God forbid even a C-section if it does not work. I'm nearing full term of 37 weeks and the Tyke might be a tad teeny for it's impatient arrival into the world, so all should be well. I need prayers, loads and loads of them all the same.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online