Monday, March 3, 2008

What Changes When You Become a Mom

Here is link from Babycenter.Com about stuff that changes when you have a baby. I agree, it is so true. Read it to know what I mean.

Here are a couple of things I'd like to add:

  1. You actually want to do household chores in your free time.
  2. You don't mind if your baby naps for only five minutes. In fact, you pray he sleeps for at least five minutes so that you can use the toilet!
  3. You finally get your priorities right and you remember them 24/7.
  4. Being unemployed doesn't bother you anymore. ( At least, I am not juggling a baby, a marriage, a home and work!!)
  5. You become a pro at time management. ( Or at least I have, Alhamdulillah!!)
  6. You no longer think of moms with big hand bags or baby bags as LS or NS ( LS: Low Standard, NS: No Standard)
  7. Flat heels, jogging shoes, flip flops and the likes are in fashion all season. And so is a wash cloth or a towel on a shoulder.
  8. You are forever on the look out for cool baby stuff or toys that can bring that toothless smile.
  9. You now know what gift you can buy for your friend or her baby.
  10. You don't mind sleeping for only four hours every night. In fact, you realize that even four hours of sleep is enough to keep you in 'working' order.

1 Comment:

AWK said...

So nice soaks and relaxing baths are out of question?
Big bags have always been in...for me at least...I've always carried over-sized, over-stuffed and hence over-weight bags...Now it would serve some purpose. :))
Ditto for teeny weeny stuff. I need blinkers every time I go to the mall.
Four hours? Really? is it possible to function normally, humanly on only four hours of sleep? so much to look forward to now...

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online