Monday, May 31, 2010

hai re imagination!

Z blames television for Daanu's behaviour; his mum blames daddy and everyone else? Oh, they just think he is so cute.

I never knew, nor had I ever heard, that 30month olds had such an active imagination. It all started a month or so ago, when one fine afternoon, while I tried (quite vainly) to clean my bedroom, that the little guy came to the room and then suddenly fell to the ground clutching his throat and gasping for air. I was horrified. He started to push himself around the room on his back and then into the hall, all the while screaming, 'gow me!' (i later found out that that meant 'got me') .
He then gets up, grins at me and then, goes back to his play area to play something else. That is when I realise, that that was supposed to be a joke? He was playing 'make believe.' Duh!

That was episode one. Then came Mr. Maestro standing on the chair and waving his balloon stick; then there was the time he wrapped his blanket around his neck and said he was 'super' and then made a cloak of it and acted like royalty. Then two nights ago, at bedtime we weren't allowed to step off the bed because the bed was supposed to be a ship and anyone who got off it would drown. I was trying to get our-little-Nunu to sleep and she wanted me to walk her while her brother kept screaming that i'd get in the water 'gande'! His imagination drives us into a very tight corner sometimes.

It is amazing how fast the kids grow up and how fast I can forget. If it weren't for the blogs and the little notes scribbled here and there or the movies, i think i'd never recall anything!

Our-little-Nunu, on the other hand is that little underweight baby who beats up her giant brother, scratches him, snatches his toys, his feeder bottle and his books. Not that bhai is meek... He gives her the 10min patience rule and then bangs on her. She pulls his hair or grabs his collar and since she hasn't hair, she is at an advantage! The full fledged hammering and screaming entails almost everything. I am so afraid of her to start crawling. Mashaallah at the kids but God protect us, always.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online