Thursday, February 7, 2008

Shame on me!

I am a bad bad mom! A really bad bad mom. :(

D has a rash all over his face and neck and the poor little baby looks so flushed red and all because his mom didn't know that chocolates could cause allergy! My father calls me the inexperienced mom and for good reason. Okay, so my defense is that you only learn through experience but... it looks like this experience isn't healthy.

D looked at me with such a longing, 'my mouth is watering' look when I held up that chocolate bar that I just had to give him some.... :( BAD idea! Anyway, the rash has been around for a week now and it is only now after I fed him chocolate for the third time this week that I realise that it is a rash and not prickly heat. Hmm... I have antihistamines for him.. but I guess I'll take the safe approach this time and go see the doc. On second thought... Since, he has a cold too, (Yes, I fed him the Cookie and Cream Icecream that I was eating too... * guilty*... ), I'll just make the excuse for that to see the doc. I know Daddy2D will be extremely ... er... how should I put it?... not pleased .

But I tell you, I learned a lesson from this and that lesson is: I guess this means D isn't ready for weaning yet.

Waise, for the record, the inexperienced mom has so far fed D with Ice cream ( on numerous occasions), given him a carrot to munch on, let him play with her glass bangles, wrapped a plastic bag around him when she found that nappies leaked... but.... it was all fun! :D

This was all written for the record. New moms please learn a lesson or two from me: DON'T EVER DO THIS!!

P.S: But I gotta tell you D looks so cute with red cheeks and he looked so cute with chocolate all around his mouth and on his nose.

2 Comments:

AWK said...

Oh, come one, don't be that hard on yourself. you were trying to be good in sharing your chocolate and ice cream with him!
Prickly heat? What are the temps. running like in KSA, Mum2D, for the child to have prickly heat.
Take him to the doctor (leave Dad2D behind else he'd go ballistic right before the doc as you start confessing...something tells me)
Love and duas for him. and cute as he may look, don't experiment with food Mommy...there's so much yummy baby food around that some elders find it too tempting, try that...BabyD might be ready for weaning but not edibles Mom labels as food (choc and ice cream, for instance)and LOL for the plastic bag!!!

Mum2D said...

I think I just have that guilty feeling. It's been over a week and D still has the tiny pimples. We did go to the doc... nothing scary there. it is heat rash...the temperature is soaring again n D gets hot quite fast. Believe it or not we had just 4 days of winter this year.:D

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online